This week we took the first steps towards our themed unit/lesson/mock teaching assignment. I was struggling a bit with putting together my mind map over the weekend because I often get too focused on the end product before my planning is done. A simple mind map can suddenly seem like an unmanageable task. I’ve forced myself to keep it simple and think about things I might have been interested in as  high school student. This helped me focus down on my themes a bit, and I decide which one I want to move forward with.

The decision is yet to be made, but I think I narrowed my scope down to a few good choices to go over on Tuesday’s class. Most of my themes give student’s a lot of options for their individual subject, and inquiry. Though I am personally leaning towards the mythology theme because I have always personally been intrigued with mythology, and there is lot of historical art pieces to work with and reference to within mythology. I am interested to see what my classmate have some up with, and were out discussions led me with my decision.

Infographic of Mind Map, Rena Kanya, via Canva